The TWAS-NCP Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme for younger scientists from creating nations (apart from Pakistan) who want to pursue postdoctoral analysis in bodily sciences in departments and laboratories of the Nationwide Centre for Physics (NCP) in Islamabad.
- TWAS-NCP Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable within the departments and laboratories of the Nationwide Centre for Physics (NCP) for a minimal interval of six months to a most interval of twelve months in one of many following fields of physics: Plasma Physics, Excessive Power Physics (Experimental and Theoretical), Quantum Data, Purposes of Ion Beam Methods utilizing Tandem Accelerator (5MV), Earthquake Research, Atomic Physics & Spectroscopy, Laser Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy (LIBS), Modeling, Simulation & Computing, Astrophysics & Cosmology, Nano Sciences (Catalysis & Floor Sciences, Nano Materials Fabrication & Purposes, Nano Biotechnology, Nano Medicines), Vacuum Science & Know-how (Vacuum Requirements, Vacuum Coating & Materials), and Radiation-Matter Interplay, Materials Science and Nanotechnology.
- NCP will present a month-to-month stipend which ought to be used to cowl dwelling prices equivalent to meals, lodging and medical insurance. The month-to-month stipend won’t be convertible into overseas foreign money.
- The language of instruction is English.
Candidates for these fellowships should meet the next standards:
- be everlasting residents in a creating nation (apart from Pakistan);
- should not maintain any visa for short-term or everlasting residency in Pakistan or any developed nation;
- maintain a PhD diploma in a discipline of pure sciences;
- apply for the fellowship inside 5 years of getting obtained a PhD diploma in a discipline of the pure sciences;
- be frequently employed in a creating nation (apart from Pakistan) and maintain a analysis project there;
- present a certificates of fine well being from a certified medical physician;
- present an official Acceptance Letter from NCP. Requests for acceptance should be despatched to the Director of the Collaboration & Educational Actions Division (CAAD) ([email protected]) who will facilitate project of a bunch supervisor. In contacting the Director, CAAD, candidates should accompany their request for an Acceptance Letter with a duplicate of their CV and a analysis proposal define. See pattern preliminary acceptance letter that may be downloaded beneath or included within the utility type.
- present proof of proficiency in English, if medium of training was not English;
- present proof that s/he’ll return to her/his dwelling nation on completion of the fellowship;
- not take up different assignments in the course of the interval of her/his fellowship;
- be financially chargeable for any accompanying members of the family.
Submitting your utility
- The decision for functions is open till 31 July 2020.
- Candidates should submit an Acceptance Letter from NCP when making use of, or by the deadline on the newest. With out preliminary acceptance the applying won’t be thought-about for choice.
- Purposes for the TWAS-NCP Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme can ONLY be submitted to TWAS by way of the net portal. A tutorial on find out how to use the net utility type is accessible beneath for obtain.
- Please be suggested that candidates could apply for just one programme per calendar yr within the TWAS and OWSD portfolio. Candidates won’t be eligible to go to one other establishment in that yr below the TWAS Visiting Professor programmes. One exception: The pinnacle of an establishment who invitations an exterior scholar to share his/her experience below the TWAS Visiting Professor programmes should apply for one more programme.
• TWAS Fellowships Workplace
ICTP campus, Strada Costiera 11
34151 Trieste, Italy
Tel: +39 040 2240 687
Fax: +39 040 2240 689
E-mail: [email protected]
Collaboration & Educational Actions Division (CAAD)
Nationwide Centre for Physics (NCP)
Quaid-e-Azam College Campus, Shahdara Valley Highway
Tel: +92 51 2077360
Fax: +92 51 2077395
E mail: [email protected]
For Extra Data:
Go to the Official Webpage of the TWAS-NCP Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2020