Utility Deadline: Might 31st 2020
The African Union Workplace of the Youth Envoy launched on Worldwide Girls’s Day “Africa Younger Feminist weblog “Sauti صوتي”. Now will probably be re-launched in collaboration with the Discussion board for African Girls Educationalists (FAWE) to publish “Sauti صوتي” Publication of 25 younger girls contributions celebrating Beijing+25 that includes untold and underrepresented tales of younger girls from throughout Africa and the diaspora showcasing their innovation and affect in the neighborhood.
Younger girls throughout the continent and the diaspora are invited to specific via writing, visible or audio/video or some other inventive means and creative expressions, to showcase the affect of women-led actions to deal with COVID19 and different interlinked points in addition to showcase the each day struggles and challenges younger girls are dealing with within the evolving COVID-19 pandemic scenario.
25 contributions from the weblog shall be chosen and printed right into a compendium that shall be obtainable in each digital and printed variations. Chosen submissions will obtain a remuneration of 200 USD every for his or her inventive work in an effort to help younger girls financially in these tough circumstances of coronavirus outbreak.
- Youth Silencing the Weapons (AU 2020 Theme of the Yr)
Ending all wars, civil conflicts, violent conflicts and stopping genocide within the continent by 2020, sub-themes embody;
- Free- battle Africa
- Silencing Poverty & Starvation
- Silencing Gender Primarily based Violence
- Silencing Youth Unemployment
- Silencing Corruption
- Silencing Local weather Disaster
- Youth Refugee Voices (AU 2019 Theme of the Yr)
Facilitate efforts to amplify refugee youth voices and name for strengthening accountability sharing and safety of refugees and Internally Displaced Folks (IDPs);
- Ending Violence Towards Younger Girls
Advocate for gender equality, younger girls’s rights and champion AU marketing campaign to finish Feminine Genital Mutilation (FGM) and Early Baby Marriage (ECM). Concerning this, the AU has designed the Technique for Gender Equality and Girls’s Empowerment;
- Employment and Training Match
Facilitate efforts for matching training with the way forward for jobs particularly the switch of expertise and applied sciences and shutting the digital divide. Assist expertise improvement in STEM;
- Youth Well being and Wellbeing
Name for common well being protection guaranteeing that adolescents notably girls and ladies will not be left behind and advocate to deal with Ebola, sexual and reproductive well being rights, psychological well being and incapacity rights and the rising burden of HIV in addition to the present COVID-19 pandemic;
- Younger Peacebuilders
Advocate for youth transformative and pan-African management and their participation as brokers of peace in governance, political and social life.
- 22 Might – Name for submissions
- 31 Might – Deadline for submissions
- 01 – 18 June – Weblog posting
- 19 June – Digital Sauti Publication & Webinar ( Worldwide Day for the Elimination of Sexual Violence in Battle )
- Submissions are opened to African girls aged 20 to 35;
- Collaborative works are permitted, nevertheless cost shall be made per submission;
- All submissions ought to reply one of many listed themes;
- The choice shall be on a rolling foundation;
- All submissions have to be unique works;
- Plagiarised content material shall be rejected;
- Work that has been beforehand printed or distributed shall be rejected.
Writing (Phrase doc.)
- The size needs to be 800 to 1000 phrases for English and Arabic, and 800 to 1200 for French for articles (prose) and max. three pages for poetry;
- The submissions have to be professionally written and understandable with a top quality content material and correct formatting; paragraphs, titles, sub-titles, bullet factors, and so forth;
- Ensure that your submission is clearly listed and referenced.
Visible: Portray, Pictures, Caricature and so forth (JPG, PNG, PDF)
- All photographs submitted should have a minimal decision of 1024×1024 pixels;
- Images will be taken in shade, black and white and the usage of filters is allowed.
Audio/video:podcasts,information article, brief documentary, and so forth.
- Really helpful specs for audio: Mp3, 320Kbps | Minimal: Mp3, 320Kbps;
- Really helpful specs for Video: Mp4, 1080px Full HD | Minimal: Mp4: 480p SD;
- The video/audio have to be 2-Four minutes lengthy;
- The picture and voice have to be clear and simple to know;
- Video needs to be shot in panorama;
- Video ought to have the identify & nation subtitled – backside proper, all through.
For Extra Data:
Go to the Official Webpage of the African Union “Sauti صوتي” Publication of 25 younger girls contributions