Utility Deadline: June fifth 2020
Mozilla’s Repair-The-Web Incubator Program 2020
Mozilla need to spend money on folks, initiatives, and applied sciences that form the web and have a optimistic affect with out having to solely fear concerning the backside line. Firefox, Wikipedia, WordPress, DuckDuckGo, Kickstarter, GitHub, Node.js, and Ethereum are a few of our favourite examples of the web at its greatest. We’ve carried out it earlier than. We’re going to construct 1000 extra.
Folks such as you constructed Firefox. Folks like you’ll write the following wonderful chapter of the web.
- The Startup Studio$75,000 funding in early stage startups. SAFE ($2m cap). Learn extra…Apply by June 5Rolling acceptance. Program runs July-September Apply
- The MVP Lab$16,000 funding to pre-startup groups. For-profit, non-profit or open supply. Learn extra…Apply by June 5Rolling acceptance. Program runs July-August Apply
- All of Mozilla Builders Incubabor applications are 100% distant/on-line, as are any interviews which are a part of the applying course of.
Mozilla’s Repair-The-Web hope to see a variety of proposals round massive classes together with, however not restricted to:
- Collaboration & Society, significantly in view of the present international disaster: (i) Foster higher collaboration on-line, (ii) Grassroots collaboration round points & emergencies, (iii) Native & neighborhood help networks, (iv) Supporting small companies, (v) Social money-pooling for points, folks & companies.
- Decentralized Internet: construct a brand new, decentralized structure for the web from infrastructure, communications, media & cash, to utilizing the blockchain and peer-to-peer applied sciences. This summer season we’re significantly fascinated with seeing proposals round tips on how to make decentralized storage providers a viable + dependable system for constructing purposes upon.
- Messaging & Social Networking: can we construct a brand new method to talk on-line that favors privateness, folks, and customers’ pursuits? What must evolve?
- Surveillance Capitalism: whether or not it’s massive tech or governments, everybody’s gathering your information. How will we put the consumer again accountable for their information? Can we construct new enterprise fashions for messaging, social networking, information & data that don’t depend on extreme information minute and hijacking our consideration?
- Misinformation & Content material: concepts for providers that assist us get past polarization, filter bubbles and pretend information.
- Synthetic Intelligence that works to profit communities and residents.
- Search: For most individuals on the earth, search is the gateway to information, buying, data, and solutions that form the best way they reside their lives. These searches occur for billions of individuals from the search containers of their browsers but in addition in new and thrilling methods like getting a fast reply along with your voice from a bit display screen in your kitchen. For the final 10 years the considered constructing a brand new search expertise was left to solely the biggest firms on the earth however with the rise of privateness centered search engines like google and yahoo equivalent to DuckDuckGo, the panoply of vertical search engines like google and yahoo, cloud platforms, and developer instruments, there’s clear proof that higher search is feasible. What would be the subsequent main step in making the world’s data open, accessible, and credible for the following era of customers and units?
For Extra Info:
Go to the Official Webpage of the Mozilla’s Repair-The-Web Incubator Program 2020