Rooster korma recipe with video and step-by-step photographs – Korma is a scrumptious gravy dish that’s normally manufactured from spices, nuts, yogurt, seeds, coconut, greens and meat. It’s stated to have been originated within the Indian sub continent throughout the Mughal period. Korma will be made with veggies, rooster and even mutton. This recipe of rooster korma provides you with a really tasty, creamy and scrumptious dish.
There are such a lot of methods a korma is made, most of them are tailored to the regional cuisines. So the substances used could differ. Most korma recipes use poppy seeds, however I’ve not use them right here as a substitute used almonds and cashews.
Crisp fried onions are one of many predominant substances utilized in a rooster korma recipe. Nevertheless I’ve not used them right here however pan fried the onions until golden. Then used to make the paste.
I’ve marinated the rooster and used simply to make the rooster tender.
This rooster korma recipe is among the finest made with minimal substances that one can discover in most Asian kitchens. This tastes finest after 2 hours of preparation because the rooster absorbs the flavors of spices used.
It tastes nice with steamed basmati rice, Jeera rice or Indian breads like Naan, roti or paratha.
Tricks to make rooster korma
- Bone-in rooster tastes finest on this recipe because the juices from the bones seep to the korma and make the gravy scrumptious.
- Marinating the rooster is optionally available. It’s simply achieved to tenderize the meat. In case you choose to skip the step, add all the marinade substances collectively to the pan together with rooster.
- A korma curry will get its creamy texture from curd and nut paste. Conventional korma recipe doesn’t use any form of starch to thicken the curry.
- The aroma comes from the fried onion paste, take care to fry the onions evenly.
- When you’ve got a nut allergy simply skip the nuts within the recipe and add extra yogurt.
You could wish to verify
70 Rooster Recipes
Indian rooster curry
Rooster korma recipe
Rooster korma recipe | How you can make rooster korma
Scrumptious creamy rooster korma made made with yogurt,nuts, spices and onions as the bottom. That is finest served with plain rice, naan, paratha or roti.
Elements (1 cup = 240ml )
- ½ kg rooster (bone-in) (1 to 1.2 lb)
- 1/Eight to ¼ tsp floor turmeric or haldi
- 3 tbsps yogurt or curd (plain)
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste (floor or crushed in equal portions)
- ¾ to 1 tsp garam masala or korma masala
- 1 to 1 ¼ tsp purple chili powder (much less spicy selection, minimal ½ tsp)
- Salt as wanted (I used ½ tsp sea salt)
To saute & make paste
- 1 ½ to 2 tbsp oil or ghee
- 2 inexperienced cardamoms
- 1 cup onions sliced
- 6 Cashews
- 4 almonds (optionally available)
- 4 tbsps yogurt (or ¼ cup curd for paste)
For rooster korma gravy
- 1 small bay leaf or tej patta (optionally available)
- 4 cloves or laung (optionally available)
- 2 inch cinnamon piece or dalchini (optionally available)
- 1 cardamom or elaichi (optionally available)
- 1 to 2 inexperienced chilies slit
- 1 to 1 ¼ cup water for gravy
- salt for gravy as wanted (I used about ½ tsp)
- ½ to ¾ tsp garam masala
- 1½ tsp Coriander powder
- ¼ tsp purple chili powder (optionally available, for coloration)
- 3 tbsps coriander leaves or cilantro chopped
How you can make the recipe
Marination for rooster korma recipe
Marinate rooster with Three tbsps yogurt, 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste, ¼ tsp turmeric, ½ tsp salt, 1 to 1¼ tsp purple chili powder and ¾ to 1 tsp garam masala.
Cowl this and put aside till wanted.
Make onion paste
Warmth a pan with 1½ to 2 tbsps oil and add 2 cardamoms.
Add sliced onions and fry them evenly till golden brown.
Subsequent add cashews and almonds. Cool these utterly.
Later add the cooled onions and nuts to a blender jar together with yogurt.
Make a clean paste of those. Set this apart.
How you can make rooster korma
To the identical pan, add 1 tsp oil and warmth it.
Non-obligatory – Saute complete spices – bay leaf, cinnamon stick, cloves and cardamom in oil for a min.
Add inexperienced chilli and marinated rooster.
Fry on a medium warmth till the uncooked odor of ginger garlic paste goes away.
Then add the onion curd paste. Pour 1 cup water and blend properly.
Add salt, coriander powder and garam masala. If desired you may as well add extra chili powder for coloration.
Combine properly. Cowl and cook dinner on a low flame till rooster is cooked to tender.
Prepare dinner additional until the gravy reaches a desired consistency.
Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve rooster korma with plain basmati rice, naan, roti or paratha.
Video of rooster korma recipe
NUTRITION (estimation solely)
Energy: 405kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 26g | Fats: 29g | Saturated Fats: 6g | Ldl cholesterol: 98mg | Sodium: 558mg | Potassium: 398mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 490IU | Vitamin C: 6.4mg | Calcium: 80mg | Iron: 1.9mg
You could skip the entire spices however they launch a pleasant aroma when added to the recent oil.
If you’re a newbie or new to Indian cooking, I extremely recommend you to verify the supporting step-by-step photographs for finest outcomes. Step-by-step photographs with description obtainable beneath after the recipe card.
Marination for rooster korma
1. Add yogurt or curd and ginger paste to rooster.
2. Add turmeric, chili powder, garam masala and salt.
3. Marinate and put aside for 30 minutes.
4. Whereas the rooster marinates, go forward with the recipe. Warmth oil or ghee in a pan. Add 2 to three cardamoms. I used a bit extra right here as we like the flavour.
Preparation for rooster korma
5. Add sliced onions.
6. Fry the onions till golden brown. Flip off the range. Add almonds and cashews. You’ll be able to skip almonds for those who wouldn’t have. Cool this utterly.
7. Add the onions and nuts to a blender jar. Pour Four tbsps curd.
8. Make a clean paste.
How you can make rooster korma
9. Add 1 tsp oil to the identical pan and grease it properly. Add bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon and cardamom. I used ceylon cinnamon so used extra. If you’re utilizing Indian one, simply use a 2 inch skinny strip. Saute the spices for a min. Additionally add in inexperienced chili at this stage.
10. Add marinated rooster.
11. Fry on a medium warmth till the uncooked odor of ginger garlic goes away. This takes about 5 to 7 minutes.
12. Add the onion paste. Pour 1 to 1 1/Four cup water.
13. Add salt.
14. Add garam masala and coriander powder. You can even add little chili powder for those who choose purple coloration korma.
15. Combine properly. Cowl and cook dinner on a medium warmth till the rooster turns tender and is comfortable cooked.
16. Sprinkle some coriander leaves.
Serve rooster korma with rice, jeera rice, roti, naan or paratha.