Software Deadline: April 30th 2020
The Africa-China Reporting Undertaking (the Undertaking) at Wits Journalism is inviting journalists to submit proposals for reporting grants of as much as US$1,500 for investigations targeted on public well being and associated points
The Undertaking supplies capability constructing and facilitation within the type of reporting grants, workshops and different alternatives for journalists to research complicated dynamics and uncover untold tales. Journalists are inspired to emphasise on-the-ground impression and views for example how the lives of Africa’s individuals are altering amid the great phenomenon of Africa-China interactions.
Within the context of the present COVID-19 pandemic and the continuing impression in Africa, the Undertaking invitations journalists to submit proposals investigating present ground-level responses, capability, successes/failures, shortcomings, providers and collaborations in African international locations, communities and organisations.
The next are potential focus areas to information candidates:
- Present state of preparedness in Africa for the COVID-19 epidemic
- Current state of public/personal well being providers and programmes in Africa and anticipated necessities to cope with excessive crises and pandemics similar to COVID-19
- Present interplay, change and engagement between African and Chinese language or overseas well being professionals, practitioners, firms and establishments. Software in Africa of data and profitable measures used to struggle the pandemic in China and elsewhere
- Use of Chinese language and different overseas well being know-how in Africa
- Inspiring function fashions, humanitarians, innovators and advocates within the present local weather of the African public well being sector
- Investigations of xenophobia and stigma impressed by the COVID-19 pandemic and different public well being points
- Area people well being options, capability and measures in African international locations
- Software of public well being greatest practices in Africa
- Public well being information and measuring the impression of the COVID-19 pandemic
- The impression of media protection on pandemics and greatest practices for journalists for masking pandemics
- The financial implications of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Classes for combating the COVID-19 pandemic from earlier pandemics and illnesses
These are steered subjects however journalists can even pursue others, so long as the main focus is inside the broad Africa-China public well being framework.
Easy methods to apply
Please tackle an electronic mail with the heading APPLICATION: PUBLIC HEALTH REPORTING GRANT and containing the next gadgets (in attachments in MS Phrase or PDF codecs) to [email protected] by no later than 30 April 2020:
- Applicant CV together with record of earlier reporting
- Proposal for story to be investigated, with a transparent proposed headline at the beginning and a quick report of WHAT shall be investigated and HOW, with a technique for a way and the place the investigation shall be undertaken
- A sign of the place the investigation shall be printed
- An in depth price range with particular line gadgets totalling as a lot as US$1,500
Purposes are open to all journalists who current Africa-focused proposals. Candidates needn’t essentially have earlier reporting expertise on this space.
For any additional questions please contact the Undertaking crew at [email protected].
For Extra Data:
Go to the Official Webpage of the Africa-China Reporting Undertaking Public well being reporting grants 2020