Software Deadline: December 31st 2017
The Takemi Program in Worldwide Well being seeks to enhance well being and well being programs world wide by welcoming mid-career well being professionals and students to the Harvard T. H. Chan College of Public Well being to conduct path breaking analysis and develop their management abilities.
Takemi Fellows look at issues of mobilizing, allocating, and managing scarce sources to enhance well being, and of designing efficient methods for illness management and prevention and well being promotion, with a concentrate on low and middle-income nations.
The Fellowship Yr
- Annually the programrecruits a small group ofmid-career researchers and professionals to spend a tutorial 12 months on the Harvard T.H. Chan College of Public Well being. The Takemi Program offers contributors with the house,
- Have accomplished a graduate diploma
- Have vital work and analysis expertise, together with publications in internationally acknowledged journals
- Have demonstrated potential management capability of their dwelling nations
- Sturdy promise and acceptable preparation (together with facility of English)
- Candidates ought to be mid-career researchers who’ve accomplished graduate levels, printed in internationally acknowledged journals, and demonstrated potential management capability of their dwelling nations.
- They’re anticipated to point out robust promise and acceptable preparation (together with facility in English) to allow them to completely profit from the expertise.
- Additional, they’re anticipated to have made, or intend to make, a dedication to a profession in well being for which participation within the Program shall be of serious worth.
- Functions could come from any related self-discipline or career (e.g., medication, regulation, public well being, economics, administration, and social sciences).
Over the course of the Program, Fellows are anticipated to:
- Meet often with their college advisor to obtain suggestions on their mission and help with their progress.
- Attend and take part within the Takemi Program weekly seminar
- Current analysis progress all year long by way of scheduled Preliminary, Mid-year, and Ultimate shows
- Submit a ultimate paper of publishable high quality earlier than departing
Along with this, Takemi Fellows are inspired to:
- Audit courses at Harvard Chan College
- Attend Harvard Chan College seminars
- Attend Workplace of School Affairs sponsored Postdoctoral Fellows programs
The weekly Takemi Program Seminars are designed to supply an introduction to a variety of analysis matters and methodologies by college on the College of Public Well being. The seminar codecs vary from formal to casual, and are supposed to be a discussion board for dialogue between Fellows and Harvard College of Public Well being (HSPH) college and occasional guests. All year long, we welcome ideas from Takemi Fellows on potential matters or audio system.
- In collaboration with the Ford Basis, we’re happy to announce help for 2 West African Takemi Fellows for 2018-2019. This grant was made as a part of the Basis’s mission to boost management growth and construct capability within the area for analysis and coverage making on sexual and reproductive well being. Ford Basis-supported Fellows shall be offered $48,000 to cowl dwelling, medical health insurance, journey, and analysis bills.
The funding will present partial monetary help to 2 Takemi Fellows per 12 months. Functions will be discovered on the Software Supplies web page of the Takemi Program web site. Candidates ought to point out their curiosity in JPMA funding help in a quick cowl letter accompanying their utility supplies. After our choice course of is full, we are going to assess eligibility for the Fellowships, choosing as much as two JPMA funded Fellows (from the candidates chosen to take part within the Takemi Program that 12 months).
For Extra Info:
Go to the Official Webpage of the Takemi Program in Worldwide Well being